You can download an e-book “SQL Server Analysis Services Succinctly” in the link below:
I found a good simple article on designing aggregations and checking the performance gain in sqlcircuit.com.
Here is the link to that article:
Cubes Null Processing
Errors in the OLAP storage engine:
The attribute key cannot be found when processing: Table: ‘dbo_eCubes_FactPurchasingDelivering’,
# Column: ‘SUPP_ID’, Value: ‘0’. The attribute is ‘Supplier Name’..
The view eCubes_FactPurchasingDelivering has null values for supp_id which does not have corresponding values in eCubes_DimSupplier view.
One of the records in goods_receive_master has null value for supp_id and therefore it caused the process to fail.
However these types of issues can be fixed by Null Processing property in dimension and in the cube.
- Browse the problem ‘Cube’ from solution explorer
- Click on ‘-‘ button
- Click on Advanced Button
- Select ‘UnknownMember’ and click ok
- Double click on the related Dimension from solution explorer
- Right Click on the dimension and select Properties
- Set UnknownMember = Visible, UnknownMemberName = Unknown in the properties.